Submissions for FIGMENT Boston July 25 &26, 2015 are open!
Submit your project through the Artist Portal!
9 Things Artists Should Know about FIGMENT
FIGMENT is not your typical art event. Here are 9 key things to keep in mind before submitting for FIGMENT Boston. Most of them are discussed in detail below or in the Artist FAQ. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
- Everyone is welcome. Artists and participants of any age or experience are welcome to be a part of FIGMENT.
- All art is participatory. All of the art at FIGMENT is participatory. We look for art that encourages people to play, dance, sing, create, engage, experiment, and explore their environment.
- No sales, logos, or advertising. The art at FIGMENT is a gift from the artist to the FIGMENT community. Nothing is for sale at FIGMENT. At FIGMENT, interactions between people are not mediated by commercial transactions of any kind. There is no advertising, nothing is for sale, and artists do not ask for donations.
- We’re outdoors in a public park. FIGMENT takes place outdoors in a public area, so your project should be designed to withstand the weather and the public.
- We leave no trace. Your project can not leave any trace or mark on the Greenway, and artists must be prepared to completely remove and clean up after their project.
- We’re all volunteer. FIGMENT Boston is an all-volunteer organization. Our staff gives their time as a gift to artists and participants.
- FIGMENT Boston is a completely free event. There is no charge for artists or participants to be a part of the event.
- We have no artists grants. The summer event does not have a budget for project grants.
- We're in other cities, too! There are FIGMENT Weekend events happening around the globe, and we encourage artists to bring their projects to multiple cities! Find out where else FIGMENT is happening.
FIGMENT Submission Guidelines
FIGMENT encourages you to stretch your boundaries! FIGMENT Boston offers opportunities for both emerging and established artists to showcase original works and create something that gets people to interact, to participate and collaborate with each other.
FIGMENT welcomes works in every imaginable medium including sculpture, installation, performance, music, workshops, games, experiences, site-specific pieces, social experiments, and anything else you can dream of. We invite any project that inspires visitors to participate and interact with art.
FIGMENT focuses on participatory art, art that builds community through sharing, and gets people to interact with one another, talk to each other, create and share experiences together. By participating in FIGMENT, you are building important connections and weaving the social fabric that creates community.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark your calendars!
April 15-June 15 Call for Participation is open
May 19th- Meet & Greet for Past and Potential Artists and Volunteers
June 9th- Meet & Greet for Past and Potential Artists and Volunteers
July 8th- Meet & Greet and Site Walk for 2015 Artist and Volunteers
Saturday & Sunday, July 25 – July 26 – FIGMENT Boston 2015, The Rose Kennedy Greenway